Annons:
Tagforaging
Read 3146 times
Evelina
2020-08-30 14:28

Foraging for Wild Mushrooms

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 5
Preview of image 2 of 5
Preview of image 3 of 5
Preview of image 4 of 5
Preview of image 5 of 5

So I'm wondering how to learn what mushrooms are edible or not edible. Does anyone know of a guided walk in Stockholm or some other way to learn?

I downloaded "Svampguiden," but it seems that you need a fair amount of knowledge about the forest and mushrooms already in order to navigate it. 🙂

Annons:
Niklas
2020-08-31 10:00
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Aah, I wrote an answer and lost it when looking for a picture! Stockholms svampvänner have guided mushroom tours around Stockholm. The ones in Bogesund and Drottningholm should be easily reachable for you. https://www.ssv1879.se/aktuellt/ My general advice for novices picking mushrooms, is to learn to recognize a few edible mushrooms that stand out from the rest. Then the risk of picking poisonous ones is very small. My favorite is yellow chanterelle. It’s easy to fry and delicious to eat on a sandwich. Nothing else looks like it.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2020-08-31 10:48

Okay, awesome! I will definitely check this out. I watched a funny tiktok the other day. It basically said that it is a little weird, if not rude, to ask a Sweden where they forage for mushrooms and berries, etc. Laughing out loud 

Is that true? Or, is that just an exaggeration?

Maleficum
2020-08-31 23:46

I think many people keeps there best picking spots for them self Winking

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Niklas
2020-09-02 09:16

I would say it’s a slight exaggeration, but people often have their “smultronställen” where they go because they know it’s always a good place to find mushrooms. If they tell others where it is, it is likely they will come there and find it emptied. Then they will have to find a new spot. 🙂 Not that there’s a shortage of places to find mushrooms though.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2020-09-04 13:11

Perhaps this article from The Local can be of some Help too:

» How to pick mushrooms in Sweden like you've been doing it all your life - The Local

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2020-09-04 23:43
Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: