Annons:
Tag:Β tiny-house-living
Read 3119 times
Niklas
2018-11-10 14:05

Two bedroom tiny house with smart solutions

Look at this video about Shalina in Sacramento and her tiny house on wheels. She built it for her and her 15 year old daughter. There's a lot I like about it. She put the two bedrooms at different ends of the house so there are separate and private spaces for both of them. She also made a lot of clever storage solutions, for instance one in the kitchen ceiling. There's a lot of white, which I appreciate. The dark wooden floors and ceiling looks nice, but I would go for lighter colors to get the light reflected into every corner as much as possible.

The only thing I didn't like was the plot they put the house on. It looks like a trailer park. I would like a much larger garden. When you live small, the outside area and surroundings are more important.

The cost for the whole build was around 35,000 USD. She did it all herself and saved a lot that way, but it sounds like a very good price for what she has. The total area is 32 ㎑.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2018-11-10 15:05

Hey! That's where I am from πŸ™‚

Evelina
2018-11-10 15:06

Although Sacramento is far from being the 'bay area' as he said haha

Evelina
2018-11-10 15:22

I am really impressed! For the price that is really good. I love the eclectic feeling, and the white with dark wood. I don't like how small the mother's bedroom is, but it makes sense because she wanted to giver her daughter more room space.

Niklas
2018-11-10 16:33

There shouldn't have to be a shortage of homes in cities around the world. They should start building park outside the cities and let people rent plots there cheaply to build and put small movable houses on. I bet many would like or even prefer to live like that.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-11-11 15:52

I really like this one. I like the standing room in the bedrooms and all of the storage. She really made look unique. I like how she talked about how impowering it was building it and how it helped get rid of many of hers fears.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-11-12 10:20

They didn't say if she built it while working, or if she took time off to do it. I guess she didn't work while building. Even building it in a year and a half full time is impressive. There’s a lot of details in it, not just four walls on wheels. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2018-11-12 10:39

I think she might have had some Help, at least with the planning, since her father is a contractor. But yes it is impressive.

Niklas
2018-11-12 12:23

Or maybe she grew up seeing her father work and picked up a lot. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β