Annons:
Taghomesteading
Read 3176 times
Tammie
2018-07-25 20:25

Modern Homesteading

Homesteading dates back to the ["Homestead Act"](https://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=31 ""Homestead Act"") and before. Like Commune or Rural living except for the isolation factor. Homesteader's were typically very isolated and had to live a life-style of subsistence and self-sufficiency. 

Modern Homesteading is a life-style of subsistence and self-sufficiency to the degree that you are able do to where-ever you are living. Often growing and making things yourself instead of buying. It also includes recycling or upcycling used items. Basically leading as independent a lifestyle as possible by relying less and less on manufactured or processed goods.

The Modern Homesteading life-style overlaps a little with the Prepping life-style, Minimalism life-style and with the Off-Grid life-style. 

The Backyard Farming Connection has the best description or definition that I can find.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
jadekintz
2018-07-26 17:32

I am so excited for this community. Lately I have been wanting to be more environmentally conscious, especially living in the city where the pollution is higher. Canning is something I would like to do as well Laughing

Emo
2018-07-27 05:57

You could learn from the elderly. We had to live like that once upon a time. A lot of us still do. Nowadays we have to use a lot of the knowledges from times when we were young.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Tammie
2018-07-28 17:32

Feel free to post anything relevant to this community. Modern Homesteading is all about learning how the old timers did stuff and being environmentally conscious. I remember helping my Mom with canning when I was growing up but I have never done it myself. I would like to have a garden and start canning. Currently, I am not living in a place where I can do that. However, I can do small things where I am. I have been fermenting some vegetables and doing other things to be more environmentally conscious.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-07-30 10:29

#1: I too like this community a lot, as well as yours, about living small.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: