Annons:
Taghomesteading
Read 2235 times
Niklas
2018-07-17 09:01

What food do you grow?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

What berries, fruits, herbs, and vegetables do you grow in your garden/on your farm/in your balcony/window? We have apples, pears, cherries, red currant, black currant, gooseberry, raspberry, rhubarb, blackberry, strawberry, some struggling American blueberries and with a little luck arctic brambles next year. And basil and thyme.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2018-07-17 12:03

Right now, I only have carrots, zucchini and cherry tomato. However, I haven't been home to take care of them so they don't look like they will produce anything this year. Crying

jordan
2018-07-17 14:55

At home I have mint, basil and parsley, and my little sisters grow small tomatoes! We used to have an apple tree at my old house too, but we moved years ago Sad

=^_^=
2018-07-17 17:49

I'm trying to grow sunflowers that I can harvest sunflower seeds from, but I'm not sure that counts. I'm not actively trying to grow anything other than that, but I do have an apple tree and a red currant bush. I might try and grow something more next year.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Niklas
2018-07-17 18:59

Why wouldn't sun flowers count? They are great for food. Both eating the seeds and making oil from them. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-07-18 17:01

It is awesome to hear everything that everyone is growing. I have not been home for two months and gave away my tomato plants. I am hoping that my Rosemary and my two onion plants are still alive. I only have a basil plant where I am staying right now and I believe some sunflower plants have come up. Next year I am hoping to be more settled and have more plants that produce food.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

jadekintz
2018-07-26 17:35

I have tomatoes, cucumber, green beans, kale, green onions, & eggplant growing in the garden this summer.

Annons:
Tammie
2018-07-27 01:45

#2 That is awesome! Are you going to be canning any of the produce from your garden?

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Emo
2018-07-27 06:37

In the greenhouse I have tomatoes cucumbers  and grapes.

Outdoors I have appels, pears, peachs, plums, walnut, hazelnut, lot of grapes,  currents white red and black, goosberry, strawberry and raspberry.
I have a lot of herbs among them chive, oregano and lovage.
Of course I have a lot of potatoes.

I like growing trees from seed, so one of the appeltrees, the peach, the walnut the hazels are from seed. I have some young trees of different kind, who haven't had fruits yet, so I am not sure what they are.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Scroll to top
Annons: